- This web site and all content is copyright
© GPSoftware, Brisbane, 1995-2014. All rights reserved. No content from this
site may be used without written permission from GPSoftware. Links to the home or
index page are permitted and we have provided some predefined links for you to drop
into your pages if you wish. These are available here.
Opus® and Directory Opus® and associated images are registered trademarks
- DOpus™, DirOpus™ and Opus File
Manager™ are trademarked 1991 by GPSoftware
- Opus Magellan ™ is trademarked 1996 GPSoftware
Opus6™, OpusPC™, PCOpus™, SmartFavorites™ are trademarked
1998 by GPSoftware.
- File Collections™ and Opus SmartFind™ are trademarked 2003 by GPSoftware
- FlatView™ is trademarked 2004 by GPSoftware
- Opus7™, Opus8™, Opus 9™, Opus10™ and Opus11™ are trademarks of GPSoftware
- GPSoftware is a trading name and registered business name of Redbrook Pty Ltd ACN 010 794 359
Intellectual Property Rights
Jonathan Potter originally developed the Directory Opus file manager in the 1980's for the Amiga computer and it has been under continuous development since that time. A partnership was formed between Jonathan Potter and Dr Greg Perry of GPSoftware to carry on this development in 1993. We have noted with some disquiet that software clones for Windows and Linux have been published in recent years which have apparently stolen many of our concepts and intellectual property developed in earlier versions of Directory Opus. Some have even had the audacity to use our trademarked names, copyrighted logos and ideas in the product names and related material in order to pass themselves off as products related to Directory Opus.
Such actions are illegal and an infringement of our intellectual property rights.
Directory Opus is the only genuine Opus product developed
for the Amiga or Windows by Jonathan Potter and GPSoftware and we will
take action against anyone attempting to pass off software which infringes upon
our trademarks or the intellectual property of Directory Opus.