Welcome to Directory Opus, the file manager and Explorer Replacement for
Directory Opus is designed with four goals in mind:
- Ease of use: As far as possible, Opus works just like Explorer does. You
don't have to learn any complicated scripting or non-standard mouse techniques to
use Opus. If you've ever used Explorer to copy a file, you already know exactly
how to do it in Opus as well.
- Configurability: We believe in the user's right to choose how their computer
operates. You'll find that almost every aspect of Opus can be changed - from the
buttons on the toolbar to the color used to draw the background of a compressed
file. Of course you don't have to configure anything if you don't want to - "out
of the box" Opus provides a comprehensive set of commands that will let you perform
most file management tasks without ever going near the configuration.
- Efficiency: Opus is designed to be as efficient as possible. The entire program
makes use of multi-threading to ensure that you should never have to wait for one
operation to complete before beginning another.
- Compatibility: As an Explorer Replacement it's important that Opus appears
(to the system) just like Explorer does. Within the limits set by Microsoft, Opus
achieves this and most software written with only Explorer in mind will still work
fine with Opus installed.
There are far too many features to list them all here, but to name a few:
- Single or dual file displays, with single or dual trees, make navigating and manipulating
files a breeze
- Folder tabs let you keep multiple folders open and switch quickly between them
- Integrated viewer pane lets you preview many common image and document file formats
- View and edit file metadata (EXIF, MP3, PDF, etc)
- Sorting, grouping, filtering and searching has never been easier
- Color code or rate your files and folders to make them easier to find
- Batch renaming including the option for a fully scripted rename using metadata
- Support for FTP, Zip, 7-Zip, RAR and many other archive formats
- Access content on portable devices like phones, tablets and cameras
- Built-in tools including synchronize, duplicate file finder, image converter and
uploader and more
- Print or export folder listings, copy file listings to the clipboard, calculate
- Queue multiple file copies for improved performance
- Support for CD/DVD burning
- Support for the latest Windows features including jumplists and indexed search
- Fully configurable user interface - toolbars, keyboard hotkeys and much more can
be tailored to suit your needs
- Efficient, multi-threaded, modern design
- Supports Windows XP, Vista, Windows 7 and Windows 8 in both 32 and 64 bit versions
There are many more features available in Directory Opus. Why not
download a free evaluation copy
and see for yourself?
We guarantee you won't want to go back to Explorer!